Cheesy garlic apart bread
Eerlijk gezegd heb ik dit recept nog nooit gemaakt. Maar ik zag de foto’s (meer bij de bronsite) en ik was direct enthousiast! Dit recept staat dus op mijn lijstje om me er aan te herrinneren dit snel eens te maken. Wie weet snel!
Cheesy garlic pull apart bread that’s stuffed with fresh mozzarella, minced garlic, butter, and parsley. This is such a fun, edible centerpiece that would be great to serve when you’re entertaining!
4 tot 6 porties | 10 min. (+ 20 min. oventijd)
- 5 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small loaf country or sour dough bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces deli sliced mozzarella cheese, or shredded
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- 5 mins Combine the garlic cloves, parsley, and olive oil in a small food processor until the garlic breaks down into small pieces. If you’re using sliced mozzarella, stack the cheese slices and cut into 1 inch squares.
- 5 mins Heat the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the butter melts, add the chopped garlic to the butter along with a pinch of salt and allow the mixture to cook for 2 minutes, stirring as necessary so the garlic does not brown. Remove from heat.
- 20 mins Using a sharp serrated knife, make 1 inch diagonal cuts across the loaf of bread making sure you don’t cut the bread all the way through. Use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter into the the cuts of the bread. Stack 3-4 cheese squares and place them in the cuts. Place the garlic bread on a sheet of foil and fold up the sides. Use a second piece to cover the top (we’ll be removing this later). Allow the bread to bake for 10 minutes. Remove the top piece of foil and allow the bread to bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Serve warm.